One of the most interesting matches in England will be played even before the start of the season. In the battle for the 2015 FA Community Shield trophy will play the Premier League champions Chelsea and the winner of the FA Cup – Arsenal. The match will be held on August 2 and as always the venue for the battle will be Wembley.
What are the chances for both teams to win the match and can we find value bets from what is offered by the bookmakers?
There are several things we must consider when talking about a betting prediction for the match between Chelsea and Arsenal.
- Both teams will give their best to take a win in this match even the facts that firstly, it will be played a week before the start of the Premier League and secondly, according to some people it is nothing more than a friendly match before the real games
- Arsene Wenger is still looking for its first victory over Jose Mourinho
- Arsenal will be without their best player last season – Alexis Sanchez
- Goalkeeper for the Gunners will be Petr Cech, who has a huge contribution to Chelsea’s success in the recent years
- Chelsea is very likely to start in attack with Falcao, who had a rather disappointing season with Manchester United
- Chelsea beat Arsenal with 2:1 in a match for the same trophy in 2005
Having these facts in our calculations and all the pre-season friendly matches played by both teams, we can say that a betting prediction for the winner of the match will be extremely difficult to be made. This is easy to be seen from the odds given by the bookmakers for the match. According to Bet365, Chelsea has better chances to win to trophy in the regular time as a victory for them is estimated at 2.37. At the same time, the bookmaker offers odds of 2.87 for a win for Arsenal. Chances for a draw in the regular time are estimated at 3.4. Just for comparison, the odds offered by Bet365 for the last meeting between these two teams, a match which ended 0:0 on Emirates were 2.5 for the Gunners and 3.2 for both a draw and a win for Chelsea.
In the last three seasons in the Premier League Arsenal hadn’t been able to take a win over Chelsea by with just two draws and four losses. It definitely shows a trend that makes a possible bet for a victory in the match for Chelsea with Draw no bet pretty good. Odds for such a bet proposed by the bookmakers and in particular Bet365 is 1.66, which seems like a good option. Arsenal’s last victory over Chelsea was on October 29, 2011, which is far too much in the past and give us a hint that a victory for the Blues from London is more likely than that offered by the bookmakers.